Access statement for Crossways Guesthouse York
Crossways is a three storey Victorian town house. Situated 10 minutes walk from the city centre, we are on a local bus route. The long pathway through the garden sets us back from the road. We have 6 rooms, of which 1 is a ground floor twin, there are then two double rooms on the first floor, with the final three up two flights of stairs. All rooms are ensuite with showers.
- We are located 10 minutes from the city centre/Minster side of town.
- The nearest newsagent is 50 yards away.
- The nearest bus stop runs every 10 minutes from the end of the garden path. No.6 purple line. This also runs to Rougier Street, near the Train station.
- The nearest railway station is approximately 20 minutes walk away. Taxis are available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required. This should be £3-5.
- There are several local taxi companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilites to prepare documents in braille.
- Our website crossways-york.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone, text, e-mail or fax. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 10.30am or later than 8pm.
- Parking is in the side street to the house with permits that we provide.
- We can offer assistance with luggage.
- The front door is at the bottom of a 25metre garden pathway. There is one step through the front door.
- The front door locks on closure so please ring the bell on your arrival.
- Guests are required to complete our registration form on arrival, and facilities explained.
Public Areas – General
- The dining room and twin rooms are all on the ground floor, leading off the carpeted hallway.
- There are 15 stairs leading to a small landing where the executive double room is. A further step is then takes you to one of the four standard double rooms, then onto the Superior King bedded room before 13 stairs takes you to another small landing area then 3 stairs to the upper landing where the remaining three standard double rooms are located.
- The whole house is carpeted, except the dining room, which is laminate flooring.
- Both front doors, from the hallway at the bottom of the stairs, which leads back out into the garden, this is locked after 8pm, one key opens both doors, which is provided on check in.
- We have three guest bedrooms, which are both on the first floor (please see section “Bedrooms” for more information).
- A selection of local information, maps, and tourist information can be found in the dining room.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room from 8.30am-9.15am.
- The dining room has a laminate wood floor.
- Soft radio is played during breakfast.
- Vegetarian, gluten free and other diets can be catered for with notice.
- There is no public WC available.
- All rooms are ensuite
- There are no facilities available but there is a launderette within 2-3 minutes walk on Haxby Road.
- There is a news agents/local store “Londis” located right out of the garden path, within 2-minute walk.
- We have a pretty garden with patio area for guests to enjoy after a busy day’s sight seeing.
- There is a local bowling green 50 yards away which can be a lovely walk around the grounds.
- All bedrooms are carpeted throughout. Bathrooms have non slip flooring.
- All rooms have en suite facilities consisting of a shower, WC and wash basin.
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided.
- We also provide a hair dryer.
- Freeview T.V is fitted in all rooms.
- Our beds are made with duvets. All pillows are synthetic
- We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. Please specify before your arrival if required.
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables in each room.
- Our bedrooms are not large enough to accommodate additional seating. Although a chair is provided.
- There is a folder in each bedroom, which contains further information about the area. Emergency procedures and contact details are displayed in all rooms please make yourselves familiar.
- There is Central heating throughout the house. All rooms have thermostatically controlled radiators.
- Executive double room – is at the top of the stairs.
- This room has a 4ft 6in double bed with access from both sides.
- Is on the ground floor and consists of two 3-foot single beds, accessed from one side.
- Is on the first floor round the banister
- 4ft 6in double bed access from both sides.
- Are on the second floor and all consists of 4ft 6in double beds access from both side.
- Is on the first Floor at the bottom of the second set of stairs, and consists of a 6ft King Bed, with access from both sides.- This room is double the size of the standard Double rooms. This room also has a mini fridge.
- We have a large garden with lawns and flowerbeds.
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden at all times.
- Access to the garden is via the front door at the bottom of the stairs.
- There is one step of 6 inches into the garden.
- Gardens furniture is available.
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and another at the top of both flights of guest stairs.
- In the event of a fire the alarm will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated via the front door at the bottom of the guest stairs in the entrance hall.
- We do not permit smoking in the house and porchway, but you may smoke in our garden. An ashtray is provided.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables in our fridge for a limited period.
- Address: Crossways Guest House, 23 Wigginton Road, York, YO31 8HJ.
- Telephone number: is 01904-637250. When we are away from home this number is diverted to our mobile phone.
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Website: www.crossways-york.co.uk
- Medical Attention: York District Hospital is opposite.
- We are open all year but do take occasional days off
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.
Please Note we cannot guarantee a specific standard Double room due to bookings and allocation.